MyRepublic are aware of several websites which imitate MyRepublic Support:
These sites are not affiliated in any way with MyRepublic.
There are several risks to using these websites, including possible phishing, payment or malware scams.
MyRepublic takes the security of customer data seriously. We are now working with both the police and the relevant authorities to take action against these websites to prevent attempts to defraud MyRepublic customers.
Contacting these websites may result in an individual:
- Asking you to provide personal or sensitive data which can then be exploited
- Asking you to provide payment card details
- Asking for a fee to provide customer support
- Asking you to enter commands on a computer which may install adware, malware or spyware
- Passing on your details and telephone number onto other known scams.
What to do if you have used these websites
MyRepublic would like to warn customers to not use any of these websites, or use any of the contact methods advertised on the websites.
If you believe your personal data may have been compromised, please immediately contact us on the telephone number at the top of your MyRepublic bill. If you have given your payment card details to any of these websites, MyRepublic recommends that you contact your bank and cancel the payment card as soon as possible.
To help protect your personal information:
- Please do not call any of the phone numbers, such as 1-800-789-560. This is not affiliated in any way with MyRepublic Customer Service.
- The MyRepublic Customer Service telephone number is 1300 130 888. We also offer other ways to contact us which can be viewed here https://myrepublic.net/au/contact-us/
- MyRepublic will never ask you to pay a fee to assist you with customer support or troubleshooting your MyRepublic service.
- MyRepublic Customer Service will never ask you for your MyAccount password. This is only required to access the MyAccount tool on the MyRepublic website.
- All areas of the official MyRepublic Australia website will start with https:// in your internet browser's address bar and are within the myrepublic.net or myrepublic.com.au domains.