When your home phone service is activated – we will send you an email with your Home Phone settings for you to set up on your device. Setting up your home phone (VoIP) on a MyRepublic connection requires a few unique pieces of information. Use this guide for general support on connecting your home phone with your BYO modem.
Every modem is different, but in most cases, you will need some or all of the below pieces of information:
- SIP Proxy - sip.myrepublic.com.au
- SIP Outbound Proxy - sip.myrepublic.com.au
- SIP Registrar - sip.myrepublic.com.au
- Port - 5060
- Phone Number - your MyRepublic Phone number starting with area code in the format 61XXXXXXXXX
- SUP URI - your MyRepublic Phone number starting with area code in the format 61XXXXXXXXX
- Username - your MyRepublic Phone number starting with area code in the format 61XXXXXXXXX
- SIP Password - This unique code was emailed to you when your home phone service was activated
Common modem setup guide
Below is an example of a common modem gateway. As a guide, generally:
- On the main page of the router, look for 'Voice', 'VoIP' or 'Phone' setup
- In most cases, the proxy server & port will need to be selected and entered
- The username and password will always need to be entered
Your VoIP home phone service will then attempt to connect. If, after about 5 minutes you're not able to get a dial tone, or make outgoing calls, contact us via Live Chat and one of our team will be able to help.