This article will take you through how to set-up most major manufacturers modems.
If you're bringing your own modem to MyRepublic, you'll need to make sure it's:
- Not locked to a previous carrier
- Compatible with the nbn™ technology at your home - you can get more information on that here
- VoIP compatible (if you have ordered a home phone service)
For a guide on how your nbn™ connection will be set-up, please choose your technology below
- Fibre to the Node (FTTN)
- Fibre to the Premises (FTTP)
- Hybrid Fibre-Coaxial (HFC)
- Fixed Wireless
- Fibre to the Curb (FTTC)
- Fibre to the Building (FTTB)
Username & Password
The standard username and password for logging into your modems gateway (or homepage) is 'admin' & 'admin'. Netgear modems usually have the password 'password'. You may need to consult the manual or manufacturer of your modem if these log in details do not work.
Setting up VoIP
Setting up your home phone will require a few pieces of information to make it work. When we let you know your new home phone service is active, the SIP username and password needed for the VOIP settings will be emailed to you.
Should your modem require more information, or you need help getting your home phone set up, this article will take you through the steps.
Setting up SSID (Wi-Fi network name) and password
The basic method for setting up Wi-Fi network names and passwords are essentially the same for every modem. To assist yourself in logging on to the modem gateway, choose your manufacturer below for specific login information.
- Generally, you'll be able to access Wi-Fi network set up via either a 'Wireless' or 'Wi-Fi' tab in each modems gateway.
- From there, locate the fields with 'name' or 'username' and 'password'
- You can change the name and password, and then select 'save'
Once your modem is plugged in, wait 5 minutes, and if you can't connect to the internet, choose the manufacturer below to get some more information on how to get connected.