In some cases, one or more technicians are required to complete the installation of your new ADSL service. We will send you additional communication to notify you of any technician appointment schedules or changes, every step of the way.
- On the day of the appointment
- Can I request a specific time?
- Can I change the date of the appointment?
- I didn't see the technician
- Why did the technician reschedule the appointment date?
- Is there a charge?
- What happens after the technician visit?
- Boundary Point Information
On the day of the appointment
Before your appointment, we'll let you know via email & SMS;
- If someone over the age of 18 needs to be home
- The date of the appointment
- The time (a 4-hour window is provided)
Please be sure the technician will have access to the Network Boundary Point.
Can I request a specific time?
Depending on technician availability in your area, appointment windows are either AM (8-12), or PM (1-5) (for those appointments where you need to be home).
Can I change the date of the appointment?
We do provide the earliest appointment available, but if you need to reschedule your appointment please contact us via our live chat. In most cases, we need 4 business days notice to reschedule an appointment - if your request is within 4 business days of the scheduled time, we may not be able to reschedule until the appointment window elapses, which can cause extra delays for your connection.
I didn't see the technician
In some cases, the technician is able to complete the installation without needing access or to contact you. After the scheduled appointment, we get in touch with the wholesaler & technician to find out the outcome of the visit, and if any further visits are required.
Why did the technician reschedule the appointment date?
Situations including natural disasters, serious weather conditions and instances where our facilities have been damaged or need repairs, or scheduling conflicts with other technician appointments, result in missed appointments from nbn.
Is there a charge?
There is no cost for a technician installation appointment.
What happens after the technician visit?
After your technician has completed the installation, you can expect the be connected within the next business day.
Boundary Point Information
What is my Network Boundary Point?
We will deliver your service to the network boundary point of your Premises. This network boundary point is either:
- Your first telephone socket - usually the case for standalone premises like a house
- The Main Distribution Frame (MDF). This is a small telecommunications room within your premises. This applies mainly to apartments, office blocks or larger business premises.
Customers who live in multi-user dwellings who were asked to be home for the installation, it is likely that once the service is installed that another technician will be required to jumper your service - we'll let you know if this is the case and when you can expect to be connected.