What is a Proof of Occupancy Document?
A Proof of Occupancy Document is needed when an NBN service being connected at your home, but there is already an active service (that is not owned by you) at that address.
It normally occurs when you move into a rental or recently purchased property where the previous occupant has not yet cancelled their services (or the cancellation has not yet completed).
The most common occupancy documents (and those generally readily available) are a lease/rental agreement or a contract of sale.
How do I provide a Proof of Occupancy Document?
You can upload a picture of your proof of occupancy document here.
Acceptable Proof of Occupancy documents
- Lease contract
- Rental Agreement
- Contract of Sale
- Statutory declaration from the New Occupant and a utility bill (e.g. rates, power, water)
- Statutory declaration from the property owner and the rent receipt from the new occupant
- Statutory declaration from the property owner and the bond payment receipt
- Letter from the real estate agent and the rent receipt from the new occupant
- Letter from the real estate agent and the bond payment receipt
A proof of occupancy document must contain
- Settlement date / lease commencement date
Once we receive your Proof of Occupancy
We'll be able to continue your order once we've received the Proof of Occupancy, and will keep you updated about the status of the order along the way.