Turning off your modem refreshes the modem settings, and fixes a large percentage of issues, including no connection, slow speeds, or intermittent services. This is known as "power cycling" or rebooting a modem.
Sometimes we may ask you to reset your modem. This is different from rebooting or power cycling, and you should only reset your modem if you are instructed to do so by a MyRepublic team member.
How to power cycle your Halo or Wi-Fi+ modem
- Turn off your modem using the main power button on the back of your modem or unplug the power cord from the modem (see pictures below)
- Wait for two minutes - This allows time for your modem to restart and for your computer and network devices to reconnect
- Turn your modem back on using the main power button
- This will refresh your modem's connection with the network
Where is the Power Button on the MyRepublic Halo Modem?
Where is the Power Button on the MyRepublic Wi-Fi Hub+?
How to reset your Halo or Wi-Fi+ modem
- You can reset your modem to the default settings if you still experience connection, speed or other modem issues after power cycling your modem
- Use a pen, paper clip or small item to reset your modem by pushing the small pinhole next to the power cord connection
- Push this for 15 seconds (or until your modem lights flash) then release
Where is the Reset Button on the MyRepublic Halo Modem?
MyRepublic Halo Status Lights
Where is the Reset Button on the MyRepublic Wi-Fi Hub+ Modem?
MyRepublic Wi-Fi Hub+ Modem Status Lights